Wishing I was in Maui, but dealing with being here

We’re not in…..


CA any more Toto!! Today was a really mixed bag day of weather. In the Northwest, if you don’t like the weather wait 5 minutes it will change. Friday was nice and Saturday was really nice. Today started out nice but deteriorated in the early afternoon. A great day for drinking a bloody mary, knitting and watching a Hallmark movie.

Friday we went to Seattle to pick up Stina and Anne. They live on lower Queen Anne Hill in a really old brick apartment building (lots of  charm, no amenities). They have a great view of the Space Needle and Puget Sound. We drove passed both of “their” Starbucks where they work and then back home. We hung around home and had a nice dinner with the family.

Anne and Cassie

Charlie using David's foot as a pillow

Saturday started early. We had to get the Russo’s to the airport by 7:30 so we were up at 6Am and on the road by 6:45. Mission accomplished. Went home, and called Mike and Suzanne in Seattle and arranged to meet them around Noon. TRAFFIC is the name of the game on I5 in downtown Seattle. Took at least 30 minutes to get through town on the freeway. Watch out for the “Exit this Lane Only” in what looks like a middle lane. Finally made it. Suzanne was out for a walk so David visited with Mike while I walked to the Fiber Gallery Yarn Shop on Greenwood Ave. I thought it was around 76th and Greenwood (they live on 84th) but I was WRONG! It’s closer to 70th and is partially uphill. It was a lovely day and a nice walk. I’d been in the shop about 30 minutes when David and Mike showed up. They were concerned when the discovered how far the shop was from the house. They left knowing I had made it. I think it was just an excuse to get out and stop at 76th Street Pub, for a beer! As I was walking back to the house I heard them calling. Enjoyed a Guinness and a nice stroll home. Met up with Suzanne and Anna and visited for a while. Suzanne is an accomplished craftswomen. She showed me some of her knitting, spinning and her hand spun AND hand dyed yarn. We then went for a light lunch and finished our visit. The ride home wasn’t as bad traffic wise but I was so tired. Made it home totally wiped out. No dinner and early to bed.

(L-R) Anna, Mike, Suzanne

This morning I went to Marine View Presbyterian Church for Palm Sunday service. It was lovely. Instead of regular service they did a musical and spoken word program called The Risen Christ. A full choir, musicians, electric keyboard and readers acting as Peter, John and Mary Magdalene made for a very moving service.

Choir Marine View Presbyterian chruch

This afternoon we ran a few errands and returned home just ahead of the rain. Like I said, wait 5 minutes and the weather will change. It rained HARDER! David got Charlie out for a short walk between passing rain.

HDTV is our entertainment tonight as we watch the Discovery channel Life.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: